About The Passport To Summer Fun
The Passport to Summer Fun program organized by the City of Aurora runs from Memorial Day through Labor Day.
The Passport to Fun is an adventure scavenger hunt that takes you to various nature centers, parks, and public art displays. We think this program is a great idea! You may discover a new place right in your neighborhood.
There is an incentive to participate in the program. The City of Aurora invites you to complete at least ten tasks to automatically win a prize pack, and be entered into a grand prize drawing.
About The App Scavify
The adventure scavenger hunt is through the Scavify app. The app is free on both the Google Play and Apple Store. We were able to download it easily onto our Android device. The signup process asked us to create our user name. The next step was to link up to the Passport to Summer Fun program. We clicked on the magnifying glass and typed in “Aurora” the Aurora Passport To Summer Fun program came up right away.
Once you are in the app, you can see the challenges. We did a GPS challenge. It was very easy, we clicked check-in then save.
About The Fun
This list could be your to-do list for the whole summer. Almost everything is free!
Here are the activities that are part of Passport to Fun:
- Visit the inclusive playground at Red-Tailed Hawk Playground. (GPS check-in)
- Tour the Colorado Freedom Memorial located in Springhill Park. (Photo)
- Get wild in Jewell Wetlands with red-winged blackbirds and beavers. Don’t forget to pick up the new wetland brochure from one of our nature centers! (Video)
- Attend a FREE special event. Tell our staff members how your hunt is going while you’re there! (Photo)
- Explore life on the plains at Plains Conservation Center. (GPS check-in)
- Play a round of disc golf at Explo Park or Centre Hills Park (Photo)
- Subscribe to the biweekly PROS eNewsletter (submit “completed” as the answer). (Q&A)
- Take a selfie in front of an Aurora recreation center. (Photo)
- Check out LIVE water creatures at Senac Creek Nature Center at the Aurora Reservoir. (GPS)
- Take a dip in one of our outdoor pools (a small fee required). (Photo)
- Find the gnomes at Norfolk Glen Park. (GPS)
- Splash around the playground at Great Plains Park or Red-tailed Hawk Park. (Photo)
- Visit a Little Free Library located at many of our parks. What book did you pick out? (Q&A)
- Boat, scuba dive, swim, fish, or hike at Aurora or Quincy Reservoir (small fee required). (Photo)
- Dribble around the new soccer mini-pitch at Hoffman Park. (GPS check-in)
- Take a picture in front of an Art in Public Places piece. (Photo)
- Test out your ninja warrior skills at the new Tollgate Crossing Neighborhood Park. (GPS)
- Slide down a slide at one of our many playgrounds. (Photo)
- Talk a walk at Pronghorn Natural Area. (Photo)
- Hit balls at a driving range or play a round at one of our golf courses (small fee required. (Photo)
- Go for a spin at Wheel Park. (Video)
- Explore the natural Discovery Playground at Sand Creek Park. (Photo)
- Visit the animal ambassadors at Star K Ranch at Morrison Nature Center. (GPS Check-in)
- Take a selfie in front of the round bard at DeLaney Farm. (Photo)
- Like and follow us on both Facebook and Instagram (submit “completed” as the answer). (Q&A)
- Show us your best serve at one of our 46 tennis courts or 7 pickleball courts citywide. (Photo)
- Pull up for a jump shot at Hoops Park. (GPS)
- Walk the Reflexology Path at Carson Park. (Photo)
- Visit the “Aurora Parks Explored” Exhibit at the Aurora History Museum. (GPS)
This is an amazing list to fill your summer with fresh air and new places. Go make some memories!